Did you ever birdie a par 5 hole?
Yes, I know the pros do it all the time, but not so for us high handicappers.
Here is my story: I was playing by myself (you know: the "practice round" thing) when I came to a short par-5 hole. Being a real duffer at the time I just teed it up and whaled away. As usual I hit a "power fade" (you don't call them that?) and landed in a fairway bunker. No problem.
I confidently grabbed my 5 iron and hit a nice pull that went over the fairway and into another bunker. Now I am looking at the green about 150 yards away and pulled my "150 club" took my best stance in the bunker - not grounding the club, of course! - and took dead aim at the pin. The ball flew straight as an arrow, landed softly and trickled straight for the hole.
I stood there transfixed! Three shots, never in the fairway, and I'm
looking at a posssible EAGLE! I was frozen in position for about two seconds as the ball rolled onto the edge of the hole, lipped out, and stopped 4 feet away.
It was an easy birdie putt! A BIRDIE! almost an Eagle!
Wow! - I kept flashing back to the lip-out-almost-eagle! A thrilling moment just thinking about what "Could-a-Happened"! Unforgetable!
Now for that elusive Hole-In-One .....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment